| || |
As a program in the series for HBSAB 2013 New Venture Program (NVP), this seminar will benefit anyone who wishes to raise funds for a project, invest in CF-backed ventures, or learn how crowdfunding will impact the financial services sector.
- The bill legalizing Crowdfunding Investment was one of the fastest bills in US history to pass through Congress. The House passed the bill by an astonishing margin of 407-17.
- Massolution forecasts that $2.8 billion will be raised worldwide this year, up from $1.5 billion in 2011 and a mere $530 million in 2009.
- Crowdfunding could shake loose new capital at an unprecedented magnitude. Such a phenomenon has not been seen since the 1960s, when tax treatments for venture capital changed and Silicon Valley transformed.
- Learn the nuts, bolts and secrets of the Crowdfunding process! See how the Crowdfunding Bill reshapes the economy!
Who should attend? The high tech startup and the local bakery looking to open a new location; the avid lottery buyer and the prudent investor; the angel, the VC and any hopeful investor. In summary, you and I!
What You’ll Learn:
- Nuts, bolts and secrets of the Crowdfunding process
- Latest industry news from Washington
- Crowdfunding practices for entrepreneurs, investors and financial services
- Crowdfunding’s long- and short-term effects on the economy
- Legal aspects of Crowdfunding
Unique Bonuses: Learn more about Crowdfunding by clicking here.
Over the next 3-6 months,
- Companies will get a first-class education on how to use various tools to raise $ through Crowdfunding.
- Investors will receive a first-class Crowdfunding education.
Thank you to Sasha Gimpelson, MBA 1987, Programs Committee Member, for organizing this event.
|Joseph Barisonzi |
| || || || || || |
Director Special Projects & Legal Counsel, Milken Institute
|CEO of CommunityLeader |
|Ellenoff, Grossman and Schole, LLP ||Co-founder and CEO of CrowdCheck ||CEO of EarlyShares.com |
|Principal of Crowdfund Capital Advisors |
NVP Registered Teams: Two Free Tickets
|President's Club: Free || HBSAB Member: $30 |
|Guest of HBSAB Member: $30 || Non-member:$60 |
HBS MBA Student: $15
If you are NEW to our site, please create a New User profile (quick and easy)
72 hours required for refunds
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
| Date: ||January 24, 2013 |
|Schedule: || 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.: Networking & Light Sandwich Buffet |
7:00 - 8:30 p.m.: Discussion and Q+A
|Place: || |
Harvard Business School
60 Harvard Way
Boston, MA 02163
| Parking: || Parking included in HBS Campus Lot; Enter Batten Way or Gordon Road |
[[[fb_share]]] [[[twitter_share]]] [[[linkedin_share]]]