ONE ENTREPRENEUR TO BE AWARDED FUNDS TO LAUNCH IDEA
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – November 23, 2009 – Entrepreneurs are invited to the Harvard Business School Campus on December 1st to learn more about the New Venture Contest (NVC), do a fast pitch of your idea and learn what it takes to Start a New Venture from a distinguished panel of Serial Entrepreneurs.
Contest Overview: Regional competitions will take place in Boston, New York, Chicago, Northern California, Southern California, London, Brazil and India. The finals take place on April 26, 2010 at Harvard Business School. This is an international competition with Venture Capital, Private Equity and Angel Investor exposure throughout the world.
: Anyone with a new venture idea is welcome to participate in the competition. All teams must have a noteworthy idea and an HBS Alum on the pitch team. To find interested HBS Alum to contribute to your team, attend the December 1st Kickoff Event. For full eligibility requirements, go www.hbsab.org
and click on NVC links.
Prize: The contest is designed to shine a spotlight on HBS alumni ventures, support local entrepreneurship and award a $25,000 cash prize (plus in-kind support) to the winning team.
: Teams will be judged by a panel of VC, PE & Angel Professionals on the likelihood of creating a successful, significant new venture. An "Evaluation Sheet
," will be used during the competition to give teams feedback.
All Boston NVC Events are Held at HBS
Is now the right time to start a business? What does it take? How do you meet a team? Where do you begin? Do you have an idea and want to make a pitch?
If you are looking for answers to any of the questions above, join us for the kick-off of the $25K NVC
- January 19, 2010, 6pm-9pm : Practice Pitch Sessions with VC, PE, Angel & Entrepreneur Judges Feedback (using same evaluation criteria to select finalist and winners).
- February 15, 2010, 10pm : Final Day to submit New Venture Plans
- February 28, 2010 : Top 10 teams selected and notified
- March 16, 2010, 6pm-9pm : Top 10 teams present before a panel of VC, PE, Angel & Entrepreneurial professionals, top three teams announced at event
- March 30, 2010 : Top three teams present to decide Boston NVC, the winner will be announced and honored at event.
- April 26, 2010 : Global NVC Finals at HBS